Tuesday 16 October 2007

A Post of Sorts

My week has gone well. No news of Communion Boy but I'm now officially a church volunteer. Started off at the evening service last week and I loved it! Whether it was ushering people inside the service or praying for them afterwards, I absolutely loved it. I woke up on Monday tired but fulfilled.

I have some kind of bad news about this blog. The truth is that I set it up for purely selfish reasons. I wanted somewhere safe and non-judgemental that I could express my feelings about my single journey. What I didn't realise was that in focusing on just that part of my life, it would start playing into other areas of my life that I didn't think were issues in themselves. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure I'll keep up the blog anymore. Heck, I'm not even sure I want to keep it up. I'm torn between shutting it down and keeping at it knowing that people read it for whatever reason. When I read through some stuff that I've written, I wonder if I shouldn't be committed to some mental institution somewhere. I know I said the blog would be real, but come on! I didn't think I would emotionally outbleed myself all over the internet, which I've done. And you know what? I don't regret it.

The future
Is bright. Sunny. Uncertain. I've tendered in my resignation at my job. I have a few ideas on what I'll be doing next but nothing concrete. Some agencies have got back to me regarding some jobs. I wouldn't hold my breath because I know what agencies are like. But hey, c'est la vie.

Jerusalem is not finished. She might be resurrected in another blog. She might even decide that she wants to carry on with this one. Whatever happens, know this; God is in control.

Viva life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaw girl
I hate to delete ur bookmark on my phone like ive deleted a lot of blogs

I wish u all the very best in ur journey

Follow ur heart and trust in God

You will surely be missed

Much love
Ola

Thirty + said...

Wow, tendering your resignation was a brave move but I commend you on it.
I did the same May 2004 without having nowhere to go I have no regrets whatsoever.
The job was killing me slowly.

Got a much better job shortly after that and may I say I was overwhelmed and even scared when they told me how much they wanted to pay, I literarly fell down and started screaming (after i dropped the phone of course).

As per your blog, it is yours so you can write what you please. You can make it private for nowif you are unsure of what to do.

Nothing mental in your posts o, "no temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man..."

Blogville has proved that to me, many times I read folk's post and I am thinking you too.

P.S
Invite me o if you make your blog private (lol)

Anonymous said...

Don't stop!
Reading about your single journey has made being on mine so much more bearable. Knowing there are other Christian women out there who feel the same and, even better, who are as neurotic as me!!

Good luck with the job hunt.

Jennifer A. said...

I like that u ended with the statement, "God is in CONTROL." Because He is...

As much as I won't like ur blog to be deleted, I can't say anything but "go where God is leading u to..." Ecclesiastes 3, "He makes all things BEAUTIFUL in it's own time...there is time for EVERYTHING"

Cheers to the future...