Friday 20 July 2007

Recruitment Agencies

I don't know what it is about recruitment agencies. I've just had this conversation with one:

Jerusalem: So, what's the salary for this role?
Consultant: What are you being paid now?
Jerusalem: £-
Consultant: What's the minimum you want for this role, or indeed any role?
Jerusalem: £-
Consultant: Hmm. Quite honestly, if you're looking for a new job, we don't recommend a salary jump of more than 5% and you're asking for a £7000 increase...that's probably why you haven't been successful in finding another job and you've been looking for so long.

Tell me, what am I supposed to do? I'm all for faith and believing but I come across this very often and I don't know what to do. What it is doing is wearing me down. Everyday in my current job is like my life being sucked out of me. I thank God that I have a job but it's time I stepped up and go up to the next level and I'm just getting knockbacks.

I devour recruitment websites. Devour recruitment agencies' websites. Devour newspapers. I've lost count of how many jobs I've applied to this year alone (100s, by the way) and still nothing. Is it me? Am I applying for the wrong jobs? Am I setting myself too high? Am I inteviewing wrongly? Does God want me to stay in my present job?

So many questions. And no answers.

No comments: