Friday 9 November 2007

Walking, Walking, Walking

I hardly take lunch nowadays, preferring instead to walk around everywhere. It clears my head and strangely enough, invigorates me. My last few months at the gym has made this surge of energy possible. Today, with the sudden drop in temperature, my walk was even more invigorating as usual. I returned to my desk, my spirits lifted beyond measure.

My last day at work is just before Christmas. Although I still refuse to think about what lies ahead of me, money and job wise, I've been looking for other jobs. A few agencies have called and put my name forward for a few jobs but I have no expectations about those. If I get selected for interviews, great. If I'm offered jobs, then even greater but I'm not beating myself up about it. Ever since I discovered that life is about managing expectations (yes, that again), I've been more realistic about just about everything else in my life. The jobs the agencies are putting me forward for are not what I would've chosen to do. In fact, I have no interest in any of the positions whatsoever but - and this is key - it's a job, it pays the bills and that is all there to it. My previous high expectations about life were childish and unrealistic. Life is about grafting, doing what you can and making the best of it all. It's taken me almost 40 years (the sum total) of my life but I think I finally got it.

A friend told me my "light" was gone. She asked me what happened. Nothing much really. Life. That's what happened.

The weekend
I was thinking of going to the movies. Not quite sure what to watch though. Seems to me that no sooner do movies come out than they're released on DVDs only to "premier" on satellite television a few months after.

Too fast. That's what it is. Everything is moving too fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really wish I knew you.....