Friday 2 November 2007

I'm Darn Thankful!

Sometimes, it takes someone's miserable life to make you appreciate yours. I've heard a few stories of need in the last week and while they've caused me to reflect and be thankful for where I am now, a part of me thinks I've paid my dues. I should be at another level financially/spiritually/emotionally/faithwise by this stage of my life. Or maybe I'm just naturally inclined to self.

An agency called me a few days ago. They've seen my CV and would like me to register with them. Whatever happened to the days when agencies used to sign you up as you soon as you emailed in your CV? Now, they're like, "We'll call you when we have something for you," which translates as, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Knowing this, I said yes to the woman. Yes, I'll come in and register with you. And all I'm thinking is, I wouldn't hold my breath about you finding me something. What is it about agencies nowadays anyway? It seems like everybody I speak to has a sad story to tell about them.

We are 8 weeks away from 2008. Did you know that? Another year. More challenges. More mountains and more BS to conquer.

God help us all.

No comments: